I have a lot of damn shoes.

An embarrassing amount. I still recall being in high school and wearing the same old ratty pair of GIGANTIC road trainers with a 45mm drop that I wore to both school and my job at a deli. I ran my first 5k in them when they were covered in egg sandwich and bacon grease. My mom was always frustrated that I didn't get a new pair as they slowly deteriorated. Part of my personality always wanted to get by on as little as I could. Fast forward 10 years..

My heel cup runneth over.
Some running stores take shoes for recycling purposes so I figure it's time to cull the herd. Some of these shoes have strong sentimental value though. I remember reading about an artist who had a lot of crap in his house and wanted to part with it but not lose it forever. His solution was to take a picture of everything he was tossing so that he could "have it" in a more compact form. I'll be adding photos and a brief shoe story for each (All shoes have stories..) as I work my way through the collection.

Not pictured above is my beloved 110s (Onnnnnneeee tens) which were sent back to New Balance in exchange for the 1210s pictured above.

Comments

Popular Posts